Jessica Sawa Extrodinaire

Posted by Unknown
Hi all!

Today I'm doing something a little different. Instead of featuring an Author, I'm featuring a reader, editor, proofreader and friend, Jessica Sawa.

Here is my interview with her:

What is your name?
Jessica Sawa, Jessi, Hey you, anything you want to call me really except late for a party.

Tell me a bit about yourself:
I am a single mother of two wonderful children, Carmen my 14 year old daughter and Anthony my 5 year old son. They are my life and the whole reason I breathe. I was blessed when they became mine and I became theirs. I am fighting for disability right now and am not allowed to work, so I came up with a great idea and have been doing it now for about 4 months or so. I have always promoted and helped my author friends with anything they needed help with, but now I have broadened it and promote and proofread for all authors and all genres. I have found my niche for sure! I do more proofreading but with that proofreading I give promotion in the price of the service. I have a “like” page on Facebook, a professional and personal page and I run my own blog as well using all social media outlets. Knowing that I am able to do this stuff to help take care of my family without hurting myself or going against my doctors wishes is an amazing feeling.

What type of genre do you proofread? Prefer to read personally?
Personally I love and adore YA, Paranormal, you know anything witchy, vampirery and so on, but I will read and proofread any genre because I love love love all books. Books and authors are my passion.

What sparked your passion for books and the art of a good story?
My mother read to me from womb until I was able to read to her at 3 or 4 years old. I began to read chapter books around age 6 or 7 and from there on out I have had a love of reading, books, and authors.

What challenges have you faced in your proofreading career?
The only challenge I have found thus far is getting my name out there and gaining customers. While I have done work, I would love to be overloaded with it. I want to feel what it feels like to be piled with books and I want to know what it feels like to continue to be blessed and able to help my bookish family in any way that I can.

Who is your favorite author?
My favorite authors are Tara Fox Hall (all time favorite!!) with her Lash series: Lash, Shadowman, and WAR... Lash is my book boyfriend!... I also love Tori L Ridgewood, Jodie Pierce, Mark Knight, Tich Brewster, Julieanne Lynch, J.K. Accinni and more of the known not indie would be R.L. Stine, Christopher Pike, Stephan King, lil bit of Poe, Shakespeare,  V.C. Andrews, and oh so many more.

Do you feel like your dream has come true or is there much more to do?
Well career wise, no my dream is nowhere near coming true yet, family wise I could not dream of more caring, loving, wonderful beautiful inside and out children and a mother who love me with everything they are, as I do them. And Love wise that has been a roller coaster but I still have faith my prince will come.

What does your workspace look like?
Oh it is horrible!! I have a little laptop table that I use when I sit on the couch with my heating pad and such, it is COVERED with junk and well truthfully the whole room could use a once over I have been so busy. OH MY and on bad days I lay in bad with my laptop and well lets just say the clean clothes are all in baskets willy nilly around the room and there are two dirty clothes piles on the floor. I really need to take some time and get this place in order so that I can start taking the decorations out. PHEW! This is going to be some hard work!

Have you ever had a day when you just wanted to quit?
OH YES! But haven't we all?

What do you do when you’re not proofreading?
When I am not proofreading I am still reading lol, what can I say I have an addiction. But when I am not reading (which is around spring and summer that I slow down the most I kinda hibernate in the fall and winter, I do not like the cold at all!) I am playing with my son, watching movies with the kids, playing taxi for them and hanging out on facebook talking to my wonderful author friends and family.

What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
 Have thick skin, Do not worry about edits, leave those to us proofreaders and editors that is what we are here for, but find a good one, one that will go above and beyond to help to make you the best that you can be. Xoxo DO NOT QUIT!


Your blog?
JessicaJabbers.blogspot.com

Other websites?
https://www.facebook.com/JessiSawaPromos
https://twitter.com/JessiSawaPromos


Let's all thank Jess for joining us today! If you're ever in need of her services, I HIGHLY recommend her and she's reasonable! Check out some of her fav Authors and don't forget her website!

Keep Writing!
Jodie Pierce
 

Copyright © 2009 anime permanent tattoo | Design by [blogger merak dua]